We are an independent school in Guelph, Ontario that offers education to children from kindergarten until grade eight as well as parent and child classes from birth until 4 years old. Our school serves families who wish to send their children to a school that will welcome them openly and meet their holistic needs.
We help these families fulfill their wishes by providing a warm and inviting environment with loving teachers who care deeply for their children. The teachers at our school help assist in unearthing and discovering each child’s gifts and life purpose by providing a curriculum that is broad, comprehensive, vibrant and academically vigorous.
We believe that education should always:
- Be developmentally appropriate with a focus on experiential learning
- Integrate arts (visual, textural and performing), nature connection and hands-on-activities (i.e. cooking, woodworking, gardening and knitting) into the curriculum on a daily basis
- Foster a reverence, wonder and appreciation for the world’s beauty and an awareness of the inter-connectedness of all living things.
- Nurture courage and creativity and generate an inner enthusiasm for learning within the child
- Prepare children for the changing world we live in by increasing their resiliency
- Not rush to place tablets and laptops in the hands of young children because the power of the technology drowns out other forms of sharing and absorbing information.